CFWT is growing again. We are looking for one, possibly two senior ColdFusion developers to join our staff. Our group is close-knit, dynamic and knowledgable. Here are a few things you should know.
- Yes you work from home and we will not ask if you are wearing a mask.
- You must be located in the US and legal to work here. (No agencies or overseas - sorry)
- Yes the position is W2 with benefits after a short (30 day) trial period.
- Yes benefits include health care.
- No our health care won't cover your hello fresh diet, but it's still pretty good.
- Yes there are other benefits - 401k, dental, PTOs, disability, life insurance, and a water cooler chat that keeps humming with each new edition.
- We work with our customers to meet their needs. We do not dictate the environment or the strategy. We are at their disposal (meaning we serve them - not that we stand at the kitchen sink).
- Yes you will have to take a coding test. The test involves logging into a VM and coding through a few simple tasks. It should take you about an hour. We look at everything you do and there are no right answers. The focus is patterns of behavior and general problem solving and knowledge.
Senior ColdFusion developer
This position is on a high quality team maintaining, upgrading and enhancing a broad suite of complex applications. Responsiveness, communication, security mindedness and teamwork are key elements of the ideal candidate.
- Mac User (especially for development). If you know Vagrant that's a plus.
- Framework experience (especially FW/1)
- Lucee experience.
- High DB Skills in MSSQL or MySQL including optimization, design and indexing.
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Git, Agile and Jira as primary elements of SDLC
More about CFWT
We are not recruiters. We are not generalists either - we focus on the CF stack and try to know "all things ColdFusion". Yes you will work with and for customers but we care about developers and work culture. We try to find what makes you tick and we hope to provide a work environment where you can grow. We want you to want to come to work every day. We are looking for developers that match our culture of Can-do, Caring, Communication and Competency. Here's some items that you need in order to fit in here.
- You should be able to setup multiple local environments on your own with a minimum of assistance. Probably this means words like "Apache" or "IIS" shouldn't scare you too much. Yes you will be exposed to ______ (windows/mac) even if you are religiously devoted to ________ (windows/mac). We don't make the rules.
- Communication is key. We like folks who can write well and know how to show empathy and collaborate with others. Most of our customers use some form of agile, so being on time to stand ups and prepared to respond is key. You will also be required to record (log) your hours on a daily basis. We make it easy but a surprising number of developers struggle with this task.
- You should be able to work with SVN or GIT and sometimes other source control products.
- You should Maintain positive attitude - We interact with respect and gentle humor. Snark is minimized and encouragement is the order of the day. If you are quirky and self deprecating that will be a plus and you will love it here.
- You should Maintain and enhance your skills set - you will be given the opportunity to work on lots of code, different versions, platforms, integrations, libraries and SDLC organization and procedure. Everyone of these is a growth opportunity. If that has you licking your chops climb aboard.
- We like Balanced Developers - Our devs have a full life. They ride horses, snowshoe, skydive, sword fight, play instruments, love dogs, golf, learn languages, rear children, go to plays, like to bake, fish, hunting, equestrian sports, skydiving, guitar playing, dog training, macramé, Golf, racquetball, Mandarin, Politics (careful!), family outings, child rearing, school plays, choirs, baking, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hunting, aquaponics, mudding, and the list goes on. We love it all! We think those things make you a better developer and it makes us want to be around you. We aren't looking for 80 hour a week developers slavishly devoted to coding. We are looking for eclectic, interesting people who enjoy coding and want to do it for a living.