CF Webtools is having a stellar first quarter. We've added 5 folks to our staff and we are hungry for more. We are actively looking to fill 3 developer positions on our ColdFusion development team. Here are some facts about working with CF Webtools.
- Yes you work from home so laundry day is no longer a stresser.
- Looking for folks legal to work in the US only. (sorry! We still love you world!)
- Yes the position is W2 with benefits after a short (30 day) trial period.
- Yes benefits include health care.
- No our health care won't cover your life coach, Zelda, and her $200 sessions - but it's ok.
- Yes there are other benefits - 401k, dental, PTOs, disability, life insurance, and a water cooler chat that keeps humming with each new edition.
- Plenty of bad code, plenty of good code, and the serenity to know the difference.
- We need advanced ColdFusion developers and yes, you will be tested. The test involves logging into a VM and coding through a few simple tasks.
If you are still interested. Here are 3 profiles for the folks we are seeking. Each position has a unique set of needs.
Profile 1 - The Team Pro
We are still looking to fill this specific position. It's an awesome team with very bright and active programmers using a cutting edge stack. You will grow here.
- Mac User (especially for development). If you know Vagrant that's a plus.
- REACT js library.
- Framework experience (especially FW/1)
- Lucee experience.
- High DB Skills in MSSQL or MySQL including optimization, design and indexing.
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Git, Agile and Jira as primary elements of SDLC
Profile 2 - Self Starter
This is the third on a team of 2. The team is eclectic and engaging and you will have a good experience with them, but you do need to be able to find your way through requirements and think around corners. We need someone who is good at gleaning institutional knowledge of a system and code. If you like to dig in, find things about a system and then use that knowledge to help others and make the system better, this is an ideal profile for you.
- If you have Oracle experience (programming PL/SQL) that is a plus.
- Familiarity with on-line testing, SCORM etc will help here.
- The ability to flesh out requirements and make appropriate assumptions without too much hand holding will help as well (although ramp up time is to be expected of course).
- All the usual advanced CF that apply to all of our positions.
Profile 3 - The Wizard
We are looking for someone who is a ColdFusion jack of all trades. If you like to hop from project to project, If you love problem solving, If you like engaging with multiple folks each day on different levels, then this may suit you. Some helpful skills:
- Front end expertise – ability to take a designer's PSD files and confidently make them into a workable website. Bootstrap experience, jQuery skills etc.
- Strong CSS skills – you are the answer to the CF expert's question "is there anyone here who can help me with my css?"
- Confident switching environments, CF versions, platforms, and frameworks. The confidence that you can "figure it out".
- Comfortable with complex DB queries, query optimization, performance troubleshooting etc. I know I know - UI plus database is a unicorn. :)
More about CFWT
We are not recruiters and we are not looking to "place" you. You will naturally work with and for customers but we care about developers and work culture. We intend to get to know you and what makes you tick and we hope to provide a work environment where you can grow. We want you to want to come to work every day. We are looking for developers that match our culture of Can-do, Caring, Communication and Competency. Here's some items that you need in order to fit in here.
- You should be able to setup multiple local environments on your own with a minimum of assistance. Probably this means words like "Apache" or "IIS" shouldn't scare you too much. Yes you will be exposed to ______ (windows/mac) even if you are religiously devoted to ________ (windows/mac). We don't make the rules.
- You should be able to work with SVN or GIT and sometimes other source control products.
- You should Maintain positive attitude - We interact with respect and gentle humor. Snark is minimized and encouragement is the order of the day. If you are quirky and self deprecating that will be a plus and you will love it here.
- You should Maintain and enhance your skills set - you will be given the opportunity to work on lots of code, different versions, platforms, integrations, libraries and SDLC organization and procedure. Everyone of these is a growth opportunity. If that has you licking your chops climb aboard.
- We like Balanced Developers - Our devs have a full life. They ride horses, snowshoe, skydive, sword fight, play instruments, love dogs, golf, learn languages, rear children, go to plays, like to bake, fish, hunting, equestrian sports, skydiving, guitar playing, dog training, macramé, Golf, racquetball, Mandarin, Politics (careful!), family outings, child rearing, school plays, choirs, baking, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hunting, aquaponics, mudding, and the list goes on. We love it all! We think those things make you a better developer and it makes us want to be around you. We aren't looking for 80 hour a week developers slavishly devoted to coding. We are looking for eclectic, interesting people who enjoy coding and want to do it for a living.
Hopefully this helps explain how we operate enough to pique your interest. If you want to take a shot send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 408-3733 ext 105 and ask for the Muse. We look forward to hearing from you!