CF Webtools is actively looking to fill 3 developer positions on our ginormous ColdFusion development team. Each position has a unique set of needs. Here are some facts about working with CF Webtools.
- Yes you work from home so your flip flops will not weird anyone out.
- Europe is great and has many fine developers, but our we are looking for folks legal to work in the US only. (sorry!)
- Yes the position is W2 with benefits after a short (30 day) trial period.
- Yes benefits include health care.
- No our health care won't cover your psychic or spa treatments in Barbados, but it's pretty good.
- Yes there are other benefits - 401k, dental, PTOs, disability, life insurance, and daily interactions with me if you so choose (most do).
- On holidays we party virtually like it's 1999 - I guess that means we don't worry about our carbon footprint on that day or something.
- Bad code sometimes, lack of framework, security issues - sure we get code like that. Not always, but enough to notice. Still, it's never ever boring around here - and not just because Wil is hysterical.
- We need advanced ColdFusion developers and yes, you will be tested. The test involves logging into a VM and coding through a few simple tasks.
If you are still interested. Here are 3 profiles for the folks we are seeking.
Profile 1 - The Team Pro
This position is on a high quality team maintaining, upgrading and enhancing a broad suite of complex applications. Responsiveness, communication, security mindedness and teamwork are key elements of the ideal candidate. Some other stuff:
- Mac User (especially for development). If you know Vagrant that's a plus.
- REACT js library.
- Framework experience (especially FW/1)
- Lucee experience.
- High DB Skills in MSSQL or MySQL including optimization, design and indexing.
- Familiarity with SCRUM, Git, Agile and Jira as primary elements of SDLC
Profile 2 - The Visionary
This position is on a team of 2 working on a high end code base with a demanding QA and business analyst team. Your team member here is a rock star and you will learn buckets. You need attention to detail, self-starting, thinking around corners and better than average front end skills are at a premium here. Other items:
- Bootstrap skills.
- jquery and Ajax asych programming.
- OO Design sometimes without a framework.
- Availability between 5 am PST (8am EST) and 5pm PST - standups etc. This company is multi-national so they need some availability guarantees.
- Visualization experience - datatables, high charts tableau etc.
- Strong SQL server DB Skills.
- Experience working with APIs (REST for example).
- CSS preprossing - SASS or LESS for example
- Test Driven development
Profile 3 - The Knowledge Master
For this position we need someone who is good at gleaning institutional knowledge of a system and code. If you like to dig in, find things about about a system and then use that knowledge to help others and make the system better, this is an ideal place for you. Additionally:
- If you have used Oracle in the past (programming PL/SQL) that is a plus.
- Familiarity with on-line testing, SCORM etc will help here.
- The ability to flesh out requirements and make appropriate assumptions without too much hand holding will help as well (although ramp up time is to be expected of course).
More about CFWT
We care about developers and work culture. We intend to get to know you and what makes you tick and we hope to provide a work environment where you can grow. We want you to want to come to work every day. We are looking for developers that match our culture of Can-do, Caring, Communication and Competency. Here's some items that you need in order to fit in here.
- You should be able to setup multiple local environments on your own with a minimum of assistance. Probably this means words like "Apache" or "IIS" shouldn't scare you too much. Yes you will be exposed to ______ (windows/mac) even if you are religiously devoted to ________ (windows/mac). We don't make the rules.
- You should be able to work with SVN or GIT and sometimes other source control products.
- You should Maintain positive attitude - We interact with respect and gentle humor. Snark is minimized and encouragement is the order of the day. If you are quirky and self deprecating that will be a plus and you will love it here.
- You should Maintain and enhance your skills set - you will be given the opportunity to work on lots of code, different versions, platforms, integrations, libraries and SDLC organization and procedure. Everyone of these is a growth opportunity. If that has you licking your chops climb aboard.
- We like Balanced Developers - Our devs have a full life. They ride horses, snowshoe, skydive, sword fight, play instruments, love dogs, golf, learn languages, rear children, go to plays, like to bake, fish, hunting, equestrian sports, skydiving, guitar playing, dog training, macrame, Golf, racquetball, Mandarin, Politics (careful!), family outings, child rearing, school plays, choirs, baking, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hunting, auquaponics, mudding, and the list goes on. We love it all! We think those things make you a better developer and it makes us want to be around you. We aren't looking for 80 hour a week developers slavishly devoted to coding. We are looking for eclectic, interesting people who enjoy coding and want to do it for a living.
Hopefully this helps explain how we operate enough to pique your interest. If you want to take a shot send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 408-3733 ext 105 and ask for the Muse. We look forward to hearing from you!