The jokes in our water cooler chat have become a little tired so we are looking for some new material. If you think you are entertaining (and smart and talented) enough to join the Muse' Merry M... er.. Merry Persons, here's what you need to know.
- You will work from home but if you are not wearing pants we don't need to know that.
- We love our many friends in Europe, Asia and the subcontinent etc, but we are only looking for developers in the US and legal to work here. (sorry!)
- Yes the position is W2 with benefits after a short (30 day) trial period. If you are scared by the trial period don't be - it's easy. It's the interview process that should worry you.
- Yes benefits include health care.
- No our health care won't cover your psychic or spa treatments in Barbados, but it's pretty good.
- Yes there are other benefits - 401k, dental, PTOs, disability, life insurance, and my singing voice.
- We only turn water into wine during the holidays.
- Yes you will be frustrated with some of the code you will see, no we are not offended if you throw the Muse under the bus about his code. No you will never be bored.
If you are looking for an inside track here is some extra skills that are "nice to have". None of these are non-starters but if you hit one of these bells it could help.
- Using a MAC as your primary development environment.
- Vagrant experience (if you don't know what that is, there's your answer)
- CF Frameworks like FW/1
- Lucee experience
- High DB Skills in MSSQL or MySQL including optimization, design and indexing.
More about CFWT
We care about developers and work culture. We intend to get to know you and what makes you tick and we hope to provide a work environment where you can grow. We want you to want to come to work every day. We are looking for developers that match our culture of Can-do, Caring, Communication and Competency. Here are some examples of what we expect.
- You should be able to setup multiple local environments on your own with a minimum of assistance. Probably this means words like "Apache" or "IIS" shouldn't scare you too much.
- You should be able to work with SVN or GIT (and yes we git it that you think git is the bomb and don't know why we have SVN listed).
- Maintain positive attitude - We interact with respect and gentle humor. Snark is minimized and encouragement is the order of the day. If you are quirky and self deprecating that will be a plus and you will love it here.
- Maintain and enhance your skills set - you will be given the opportunity to work on lots of code, different versions, platforms, integrations, libraries and SDLC organization and procedure. Everyone of these is a growth opportunity. If that has you licking your chops climb aboard.
- Balance - We like devs who have a full life. If you enjoy fencing, equestrian sports, skydiving, guitar playing, dog training, macrame, Golf, racquetball, Mandarin, Politics (careful!), family outings, child rearing, school plays, choirs, baking, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hunting, driving your truck on a mud track (all activities enjoyed by folks on our team) then we think those things make you a better developer! We aren't looking for 80 hour a week developers slavishly devoted to coding. We are looking for eclectic, interesting people who enjoy coding and want to do it for a living.
Hopefully this helps explain how we operate enough to pique your interest. If you want to take a shot send your resume to email@example.com or call (402) 408-3733 ext 105 and ask for the Muse (or Mark if you don't want to play). We look forward to hearing from you!