Yes it's true! CF Webtools is looking yet again for qualified advanced developers. We have two immediate openings on our development staff at this time. It's not due to turnover (far from it). Rather, it's because we have a burgeoning list of extremely exiting customers and projects that need our expert attention. What's it like working for CF Webtools?
- Never Boring - our staff is lively, energetic, positive and usually funny (well... they think they are funny). Among our eclectic group are golfers, motorcycle enthusiasts, belly dancers, photographers, gamers (shocking I know), fencers (as in touche'), rock climbers, fisherman, fireman, musicians, family people, single people (mostly hot), dog people, cat people, PC people and Mac people. We even have the mother of a fashion model. With all that energy it's a wonder we get anything done. But the truth is we all love what we do and we are stronger together than separately.
- Professionally Stimulating - Stay with us long enough and you'll work on every version of ColdFusion back to version 5 (or at least you'll hear stories). We have large legacy codebase's that we maintain, as well as pure greenfield projects. We have mobile (lots and lots of mobile), Mura, FW/1, Home Grown, Model Glue, Mach II, Fusebox, ColdBox, and a box of crackers in the break room. We use MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, and Sybase. We have apps using maps, apps using web services, apps using APIs and API's using our apps. If there's a "way to do a ColdFusion application" we have seen it, done it and probably maintained, refactored it and maybe invented it. So if you are a lover of programming, programming languages and ColdFusion in particular, you will love it here.
- Interested in Balance - as noted above we are not looking for developers who are so entrenched in a technical life that they have no time for anything else. Professional developers with high productivity and high aptitude are above all balanced. They love ColdFusion and can't wait to code (most days) but they also love eating out, movies, spending time with their kids, going to the gym, cruises, photography, and vacations. We have found that the developer with a whole life (I mean balanced and full of loving relationships - not the insurance) is the one that fits our staff, communicates well, and thrives here at CFWT.
Ok admittedly that is a lot of hyperbole but I know you've come to expect nothing less from the Muse. Meanwhile it is a great place to work and we are thrilled to be able to employ so many talented and wonderful developers.
Here's the Blurb. Can you:
- Take ownership of a problem.
- Think around all angles of a problem for all possible solutions
- Love the tech community as a place to engage and learn.
- Have evolved skills in an eclectic mix of technologies and like to learn new ones.
- Can explain technical concepts to non-technical folks.
- Know how to honor non-technical people for their own skills and expertise.
- Can laugh, chortle, guffaw and otherwise split a gut with a group of insanely funny people - without the need to put anyone down.
- Are anxious to be a part of a close knit team who encourages and believes in you.
- Advanced ColdFusion - note, we will test you. We are looking for folks who know more than syntax on a web page. You should be well versed in the guts of complex ColdFusion application building.
- Advanced Database Skills - I don't mean you need to know how to build, manage and restore DBs. But you should know how to write a complex query and/or a stored procedure for one or more of the "big three" DB platforms.
- Some diverse technology skills - we don't necessarily dictate what that is but we are looking for folks with a broad swath of skills. Right knowing and developing in .NET, doing IOS/Droid development (or phone gap), and troubleshooting CF servers and server admin are skills that might give you an edge in your application. But if you come to us with several skills that we don't need at the moment you would still be an attractive candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you allow telecommuting? Yes all our development positions are full-time remote positions.
- What sort of dev environment can I expect? We are en eclipse shop and rely on SVN, Jenkins, and an agile like approach to development. Having said that, as an outsource development company we frequently integrate with external teams. That means you can't always predict everything about the approach for the project you are working on.
- What Industries are you working in? We have sites we develop and maintain in the Financial sector (stocks, options, commodities, retirement planning and management etc.), Insurance, Medical, Pharmaceutical, retail sales, real estate, etc. We have a very broad client list.
- Will I get to meet the Muse? Yes of course... you'll be sick of me inside of two weeks. Eventually you can stop calling me the muse but the shrine has to stay up for at least a year.
- Do you use frameworks? Yes - all of them all the way back to Fusebox 2. We work on new projects in common frameworks like FW/1 or DI/1, but we also support a host of legacy applications done on custom frameworks or with no framework at all.
As stated above, our positions are full-time remote telecommute. On rare occasions they might require some travel. We pay a competitive salary and benefits. CF Webtools maintains sites on virtually all ColdFusion and Database platforms. Our work is challenging, invigorating, sometimes poke-your-eyes-out frustrating, but never boring. Our development group is full of witty, interesting and extremely talented developers. It's a true mentoring community. If that sounds like a place you would like to work (and you meet our high skill-set standards) send your resume to email@example.com - or contact the Muse directly if you like. Tweet me @cfwebtools or use the "Ask a Muse" link on this blog (I'm easy to find). You can also call 402 408 3733 and ask for Mark or Jason - we'll be thrilled to speak with you about our opportunity. The official job posting may be found on our corporate site at the Job Openings page.