The API Learning Curve Chart

One of my terrific, fantastic, stupendous, extraordinary, (doesn't that make you want to come and work for me?) developers named Denny has recently been working on consuming an API from a popular service who shall remain anonymous. I'll only say that when I hear their name I think of lederhosen and that cough drop commercial with the fancy pants guys and big horns. Anyway, Denny apparently uses art to vent his frustrations. Here's what he came up with.

Ok so he's not Picasso yet - but it is definitely refrigerator worthy don't you think?

Comments
Dominic Watson's Gravatar Ha ha, beautiful. Hell hath no fury like a developer working with overly complicated *#?!# code!
# Posted By Dominic Watson | 11/4/11 3:48 PM
Eve's Gravatar Does replacing some words count as art?

# Posted By Eve | 11/4/11 3:52 PM
Mark Kruger's Gravatar @Eve,

Well apparently it does for a web developer (ha). I didn't know it was "prior" art.

-mk
# Posted By Mark Kruger | 11/4/11 4:20 PM
Phillip Senn's Gravatar I feel that way about ColdFusion. It started out as "look how simple you can get data from the database!". Then it turned into "Well, you really need to instantiate components." Then "Well, you really need to write a getter and a setter for every single field in the database and obfuscate I mean encapsulate the database." Then it became, "Well, you really don't use tags at all". And then it became "Well, you really don't use SQL at all any more, now it's ORM."
# Posted By Phillip Senn | 11/4/11 5:05 PM
Denard Springle's Gravatar Bah - they beat me to it... was going to come post this was a mash-up after work but got pulled away to save the wife from a b0rk3n alternator. :(

@Eve - hah - wasn't meant to be 'Art' - was a mash-up meant to convey that same feeling about a particular API integration that I also felt as an Eve player of 9 years - it's an homage :)

... and still funny :)
# Posted By Denard Springle | 11/5/11 2:06 AM
Lola LB's Gravatar Okay, now you've got me trying to figure out just what is this popular service. Sure can't be Google . . .
# Posted By Lola LB | 11/5/11 8:55 AM